View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 01:31 AM   #4
TAKECLEAR_86

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 Halo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
Did you purchase your 86 new from the dealer, or could you have possibly inherited someone else's audio system modifications when you purchased the car used?
Got it with only 1 previous owner, with records of all maintenance done at the dealer. There were no modifications done to the car from what I can tell. Wiring is all intact. The car looked brand new when I picked it up. 24k miles and it still had most of the factory blue protector wrap on just about everything a new one has. Factory HU was fine. No issues with sound, apart from the horrible rattle in the doors.

I happened to plug in an iPhone for Apple Carplay and from what I could tell the sound issues seemed to go away. My main Android phone is on a beta right now, so there is a slight chance that could be causing issues but BT is working with all my wireless headphones just fine.

My next step is to look into sound deadening for the doors to stop the door rattling so I have a better idea of where other audio issues are coming from.
TAKECLEAR_86 is offline   Reply With Quote