Old 05-14-2021, 08:41 AM   #18
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,213 Times in 1,130 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
I was a bit skeptic at first too, but it was $15 so it was a win/win situation. I normally do the same as you, I normally use gold wash as it foams incredibly well ( I just like lots of foam) and it gives me a clean car to work on for sealant/wax. But I was impressed on how well this product made the car look even after the first rinse. Not to the mention the second rinse. I need to post an update and see how it hold against the summer weather with all the pollen and rains we get locally.
If it works with your routine that's all that matters.
There is enough stuff out there that you can pretty much build your own routine and it'll more or less end up with similar results. Given you applied the ceramic paste wax with a buffer that is now your primary protection which will probably last a couple months on its own. The wash and wax can be a decent booster layer. I know megs sells a ceramic wash and wax. It probably has similar mixture as the paste wax, but who knows if there's any noticeable difference between the Costco variant and the ceramic one. Should be a good combination for you with good results.

I don't like mixing wash and wax with my routine as it messes with the hydrophobics of my ceramic coating and topper. You can really notice if a soap has residue or waxes in it as the paint doesn't sheet water as well after it has been cleaned.

If you like suds using optimum no rinse would throw you for an absolute loop. The first time I used it.. felt so wrong. After that I started to view suds differently as I was convinced I'd scratch my paint but it just works.
Now I try to pay attention to the lubricity of the soap in the bucket, though I do like my suds.

Asphalt is a PITA to maintain. It's lovely when it's clean but like black paint it shows swirls easily.

Up close it pops
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote