Thread: FRS Car wreck
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 04:20 PM   #1
Deadlii

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FRS Car wreck

So I hit an 1100lbs cow this weekend and just got my claim info back and im pretty concerned with all of it. Long story short they are refusing to paint the car (just want to touch up areas) and claim they can match the black with blue metallic in it. They also have 8 hrs labor set aside to work on the right front Pillar of the car which has damage noticeable by the naked eye. The repair paint and labor all total around 6k (which seems low to me) and that is without removing any parts to see if there is anymore extensive damage. The insurance adjuster stated if they were to do further work on the pillar the entire roof would need replaced. Im currently trying to talk to the collision center to see what exactly will be done with the pillar. From everything ive read the pillar is def a saftey issue for the car. Im pretty much at a loss at what to do at this point so im going to go get the car and put it in my driveway for now. Im not even sure what questions to ask at this point lol. I know they didnt put my rim in the estimate and it hit so hard the whole coating is flaking off. So im pretty concerned im gettin screwed by insurance and taken by the collision center so they can get work. Also the picture under the hood is pretty concerning to me also, isnt that all part of the frame that is bent in all sorts of ways? since we have the chassie/frame unit? I dunno what advice i need but all is welcome.. Sorry the pictures are sideways.

TLDR: Im concerned there is frame/structural damage to the car and its all getting glossed over by the collision center/adjuster to benefit them both. Im currently about to seek advice from a lawyer, as my state(TN) is a repair related diminished value state.
Attached Images

Last edited by Deadlii; 11-17-2021 at 04:52 PM.
Deadlii is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Deadlii For This Useful Post:
humfrz (11-19-2021)