Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
I installed all the black pieces yesterday and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed in the overall finish. The black pieces are kinda cheap compared to the silver's glossiness. Biggest disappointment are in the shift boot cover and the door handles. The shift boot cover has the texture similar to a chalkboard lol. The door handles actually feel cheap. The radio and passenger dash covers are quite delicate, i accidently scratched the passenger cover with my nail and i havne't been able to "buff" it out since so when i drive now it's visible. The only thing I'm happy with is the vertical door handle piece, vent pieces, shift buttons and steering wheel piece. These are the only ones with a glossy black finish to them. If all the pieces were like these, I'd be extremely happy.
Vinyl in either glossy black or black brushed aluminum will resolve most of this in an instant (even though I'm sure you were hoping to avoid it). I've done black brushed aluminum vinyl and get compliments from other 86 owners regularly. Give it a shot if you have the time.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote