Old 01-24-2019, 11:17 AM   #82
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
Interesting. I have, and while the Mcars usually have shorter throw shifters, I don't find the feedback and pedal action to be much better than the others.

Most interesting is that you rate the 350Z so low. The shifter on the 350z feels solid and very accurate to me. Can't remember the pedal action which probably means it was okay, neither good nor bad.

I'd rate the cars you mentioned like this:

S2000 A
NB Miata A-
BRZ A-
350z B
987 C+
E46/E90 M3 C+
E46//E90 C

When I called BMW manuals terrible I meant for a sports car. When compared to MTs in ecoboxes and trucks the BMW manuals are great. The mostly need more feedback and no delay in the clutch action. I can live with longish throws. Interesting that we disagree on where the Z and the Cayman end up.
Yeah I think we might be basically saying the same thing on the M3.

My issue with my 350z shifter was that it was really vague and loose, and would sometimes lock out 2nd even when warm. That said, I did buy mine with 60k miles on it so that might have something to do with it, not sure.

My Boxster S was really good. Had that German feel about it - throws were long and not a whole lot of feedback going into each gate, but smooth and precise.

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSunrise For This Useful Post:
Yoshoobaroo (01-24-2019)