Old 10-09-2021, 10:45 PM   #60
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Ok so some updates on this shitbox..

First.. the throwout bearing now makes noise. It didn't when parked a few months back. It does now. Awesome.

Also, the trailer is either leaking or the wood floor is soaking up water so I need to remove all the cabinets and refloor the front. That is going to suck ass but will be a good winter project because there's no way in hell I'm doing it until Jan or so when it's a nice cool 70-75 degrees out.

Anyways picked up a 9 Lives Racing wing awhile ago (69" body width, mega end plates) but didn't want to tune the car around it without front aero. I was waiting for their sturdy bois splitter but got bored so I ordered the Verus splitter, canards and splitter end plates. Went to install everything today to find out that I was missing quite a bit of hardware items for the splitter (like 7 bolts and 9 nuts) so I did install the canards (no pic) and the wang.

The wang presented some complications in that we had a perfectly good red wingless trunk lid to use instead of my trunklid with whatever scion accessory spoiler it had on it.. but.. well changing the lock cylinder is a little annoying, then I have two bottle openers riveted to the license plate area, plus some stickers including the uber limited Shiba Racing sticker from @ichitaka05 - that sealed the deal so we installed it on my original trunk lid.. and let me just say.. I think we integrated it quite nicely lol (it was ugly without integration due to holes and crap).

Burnouts on the trunk!

1 piece rear spoiler converted into a 3 piece.. "precision" cut.. aka "gudznuf"

And a pic in the style of the classic **** pic to make it look bigger than it is..

Going out of town for a bit but sent Verus an email about the hardware.. hopefully it'll be here when I get back so I can finish the front aero.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave-ROR For This Useful Post:
chickunfut (11-29-2022), endless_pain (04-08-2022), ichitaka05 (10-12-2021), Opie (10-10-2021)