View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 12:36 PM   #28
stlgrym3

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
I didn't choose Edelbrock or others mainly because I wanted a simpler, lighter, less-intrusive kit. JRSC had the best track and reliability record at the time. I am not saying that the other options are not good, just stating my positive experience with my decision below.

- Design and installation is very simple and straightforward with least possible modifications in the engine bay, no drills or cuts, easy to revert
- Power gain is at the top level compared to all other options at their standard level. There are still upgrade options which I am not considering ... yet.
- Factory CARB tune is excellent, smooth idle, smooth rev, fuel efficient, very smooth and linear power band showing that Jackson Racing really knows and pays attention to what they are doing
- Keeps the design characteristics of the car (hi-rpm power), magnifies everything I appreciate, and improves weaknesses (power mainly). Car feels like it is originally designed with FI.
- and most importantly *reliable*, never refused to start or stalled in a temperature range from -10F to 90F in a year with more than 10K miles
Which jrsc do u have? 30 or 38? The positives you listed for jrsc are the exact attributes I’m looking for if I choose to go FI, thanks.
stlgrym3 is offline   Reply With Quote