Old 02-06-2022, 12:41 PM   #243
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
I've always hated candy apple red / burgundy / maroon on a car. It's what people get when they don't want to look boring by getting grey/black/white, but they don't want a flashy color either. It's so non-committal. Just get gray already, or commit to an actual red. I'd prefer brown and I hate brown on almost everything.

Then again, I’m just some rando on the Internet, get the color you want, you do you!
I’m sure there is a component of not wanting to be so flashy, but by that argument, almost everyone except the youth are non-committal, for they by far are the flashiest group with the most boisterous colors like highlighter yellow and giant wings, canards, stickers, etc. In fact, white/black/grey are by a huge margin the most popular colors for being less flashy and better resale value, so most people must be non-committal.

Interestingly, pastel tones tend to be more popular with certain populations like women, but older people tend to like tones that are classic or darker while being warmer or cooler like maroon, midnight blue, rose red, plum purple, British racing green, creamy white, champagne silver, etc. With the average age of car buyers getting older and older (around 54 now), expect colors to reflect their interests more than the interests of the youth.

If you look at color tables of cars of the past of different decades then there are a lot more pastels and cool/warm tones. There is a lot more variety. Look at all the reds.

Attached Images

Last edited by Irace86.2.0; 02-06-2022 at 01:00 PM.
Irace86.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Irace86.2.0 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (02-06-2022)