StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,675 Times in 995 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrickingReallySlow View Post
Quite a lot of people have had the same experience. Do you also have trans/diff bushing / stiffer engine/trans mounts?

Current thinking is that the 2 shaft design was paired specifically with the potential NVH of 86 platform to remove vibrations and break potential resonance. Carbon fiber provided some dampening and people generally got better results compared to AL

It could be a self selection bias here where the only people that get one piece driveshafts are the ones that want stiffer response everywhere in the drivetrain by add stiffening, more NVH is added as input and the chassis + one piece driveshaft gives the resonant vibration transfer function. I also have a DSS aluminum without any bushing/mounts and its fine even to 105mph. Just a datapoint.

This is also assuming the tail bushing on your trans isn't wiped
Yes I have Perrin engine mounts and trans support and the Whiteline diff bushings and shifter insert. The fact that it appears at precisely the same speed every time (unless I'm driving uphill or downhill - then it's sooner) kinda makes me think it's got an inherent flaw. Then again the previous owner didn't say he had any NVH issues. I don't remember who he was now, would've been useful to ask him if he had any bushings. Perhaps we should create a poll

Last edited by StraightOuttaCanadaEh; 08-26-2021 at 06:30 PM.
StraightOuttaCanadaEh is offline   Reply With Quote