Drives: BRZ Yellow, 2019 Ranger, 2011 Evora
Thanked 1,475 Times in 771 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostturbo_86 View Post
Hi guys, New to the page so hello.

I've purchased a Toyota 86 GTS 2012 model a while back and the previous owner had already installed an AVO turbo I believe in 2013. For the first year or so the turbo was doing great and everything was fine. The turbo still performs very well and there aren't any issues with the turbo itself but I do seem to be having some sort of issue where if I drive the car too hard it will punch out a large cloud of white smoke. I've seen many theories as to why this could be but wanted to know if anyone else had a similar issue with their avo turbo.

If I drive the car normally and don't go too hard on the car it won't punch out smoke when turned on the next day. If I put the car in sport mode and foot to the floor I will most definitely expect to see the smoke in the morning.

If anyone has any reason to why this is I would love to hear your thoughts and how I could fix this issue.

Some information about the smoke itself. The smoke is definitely not condensation, the smoke will linga in the air and does not smell sweet the smoke smells like burning oil and will exit through the exhaust pipe on Startup. To my knowledge, the Turbo does not smoke when accelerating. The colour of this smoke looks White but can have a tint of blue in it.
Engine is tired, time for an overhaul. How many turbo miles does it have?
Grady is offline   Reply With Quote