View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 11:51 AM   #5
migueralliart

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nl View Post
If you have two hours of commuting at 80mph daily and you are talking about modding your car to make the commute easier, you bought the wrong car - plain and simple. Your best bet will be to get a second car like a Camry or something that is meant for doing that.

If you want a softer ride, put 16 inch rims on with some high sidewall tires. The bigger the sidewall, the softer the ride will be. Sound deadening is nice if you do it right and can be very expensive (dynamat is expensive, even if you DIY). Dynamat is always nice and rims can be swapped out in 15 minutes so you can have fun on the weekends.

I'm considering a contract job (1yr) and atm my car is almost paid so I don't wanna buy another car. My normal commute is 25-30 mins each way and the car has very low mileage for being a 13' model.

My warranty is actually 7yrs/100k so I would like to put some more miles into the car and not fall victim to the system of trading in getting ripped off and buying a sedan.

With a couple of changes here and there I think I can make it work with this car, after all I'm getting 2.5x the salary so it is something worth considering.
migueralliart is offline   Reply With Quote