View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 10:29 AM   #1
migueralliart

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Suggestions for long highway cruising mods

I have a 2013 mt with 23k miles. While I love the car as a commuter for half hr drives I am now facing the possibility of driving 1 hr each way on the i95 for a contract job.

I've been thinking about things I could change/swap to the car to help with the 80mph 1hr commute each way.

First thing that came to my mind was swapping the rear diff to lower the rpms overall so that the engine doesn't stay past 3.5krpm all the time. This will help a lot with gas too I suppose. I really only care about the long distance cruising and I realize my stand still acceleration will get worse with such a diff but it is not a problem as I really don't race on the streets with this car.

Second thing was a good set of coilovers that can be adjusted for a softer ride during the week.

Third would be wheels/tires , probably 18's with a good thread wear tire and low road noise? any suggestions here

I think the stock brakes are good for now since I don't really track the car.

Was thinking about sound deadening but haven't seen many threads about it.

The sound system on my car has been upgraded to an android radio with wifi hotspot so I can use kodi, Pandora etc etc so this is not an issue.

Would like to hear your thoughts. Especially the people here that commute long distances at such speeds.
migueralliart is offline   Reply With Quote