Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsAlex View Post
Update: got my car back yesterday. Here's a list of stuff done:

- Used engine put in, has 115,000km on it (came from another 2016 FR-S, don't know if it was an auto or manual)
- New clutch, pressure plate, release bearing, pilot bearing, machined my old flywheel
- New spark plugs
- Filled with new coolant (blue coolant)
- New 75W90 oil in transmission

The old release bearing looked and sounded like shit. It didn't cause me any problems during the past 5 years, but examining it outside of the transmission would have me say it didn't have much life left.

The dealership said they found evidence that my old engine was burning oil along with the rod knock. Just thought I'd share this info here.

The car runs great, however it doesn't feel the same lol. It's not worse, it's just different. Shifting gears feels a bit notchier than before, the clutch pedal feels lighter, the bite point is a bit different too. Just need some time to adjust to it.

I feel like the engine takes a bit more time for revs to come down also. This would be a result of a heavier flywheel, no? I'm using the same flywheel from my old engine, it's just been machined. Not sure how to explain that one.

After taxes, I paid $6600. I'm just glad I have my car back. I now also have my old engine that I can tinker with and possibly sell/fix.
Flywheel weight directly impacts engine spin-down time. I wouldn't expect a resurfacing to change the weight enough to notice though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote