Old 10-01-2020, 08:04 PM   #72898
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
For the past 2 or 3 weeks the next apartment building over (90% sure) has had a smoke alarm going off every couple minutes. Probably a dying battery.

Yesterday I was outside on the curb checking my mail and I noticed this one guy who lives in that building hanging out outside (he does this a lot). So I figure I'll see if he's aware and if not, let him know and see if he'll offer to look into it out of courtesy.

So I walk over, say hi. Then I bring it up, saying "hey, I've noticed lately that there's a smoke alarm that's been going off and it seems like it's coming from your building."

Before I could continue with anything else, he goes: "I wouldn't know anything about that.'

So I say "ok, thanks" and start turning around to walk back to my building, and he goes "by the way your car is loud when you start it up, so tit-for-tat."

And I sort of went...

Said "uh I see" and just walked away.

So basically... he does or he doesn't know whose alarm is dying and he took it to mean I was complaining and so he wanted to have a comeback with his own complaint??

Meanwhile I rarely ever leave these days before 9am or after 9pm. So it's not like I'm starting my car in sleep/quiet hours, and I only come and go maybe two or three times a day max. So I'm not constantly cold starting / revving.

And besides that, I don't even have headers, just an axleback.

Anywho guess common courtesy isn't a thing anymore on either end.
Your car wasn't loud at all before so unless you changed something he really had no legit complaint.
Guess he felt he had to maintain the upper hand in the non situation.
p1l0t (10-02-2020)