NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,326 Times in 7,384 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
For the past 2 or 3 weeks the next apartment building over (90% sure) has had a smoke alarm going off every couple minutes. Probably a dying battery.
This reminds me of something that happened to me a long time ago.

I was working out of state for this construction company. To save money a buddy and I got an extended stay hotel that was more like a 2 bedroom apartment so we could cook and not go out as much to save our per diem. The place was full of out of state labor and contractors. One night the smoke alarm for the place below us went off a bit after midnight. It went on and on for a while so we walked down stairs to see what was going on. The lights were on in the place but the curtains were closed. We knocked on the door for almost 10 minutes before calling the fire department. Fire department showed up and forced their way in. Turns out dude was really drunk, and passed out while cooking, burned the hell out of whatever was on the stove.

Nobody else in the place heard it
humfrz (10-01-2020), soundman98 (10-01-2020), spike021 (10-01-2020)