Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,452 Times in 6,158 Posts
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
I've been working with one of my Japanese friends to organize a group touring drive or two when I'm in Japan.

Right now we're thinking one day we'll do Hakone (around Mt. Fuji, one of the main popular driving routes for car enthusiasts around Tokyo), and then the next day we'd do maybe Mt. Tsukuba (same area as Tsukuba Circuit).

Anyway, I was saying to him I'd probably make a group Instagram message soon with the people I know there (like.. 5? including him) to invite them all for the group touring. He said he'd also try to invite some friends.

Next thing I know, he's added me to a new group message on Twitter with over 20 86/BRZ owners and he's telling them (in Japanese) who I am and that I'm coming to visit and we'd like to do a group drive. Obviously it's like 5 months out so I don't think any of them have committed yet, but a bunch replied and said they might be able to go and will let him know closer to that time.

I had to use Google Translate, this is how he introduced me (a couple of them already know me but most don't):

At least it didn't translate to buys ramen and eats Shiba Inu...

Next thing you know you'll be a celebrity.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (05-22-2023), NoHaveMSG (05-22-2023), soundman98 (05-26-2023), spike021 (05-22-2023)