View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 11:00 AM   #8
rvoll

Drives: 2018 BRZ Limited, 2017 Sportage
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouki86 View Post
Did you put the tires and spacers on at the same time? Stickier tires would make the biggest difference in how the car feels. The stock tires like to slide a lot, and are pretty stiff, which makes it feel like it has extremely sharp handling. Stickier rubber may make it feel like it handles worse, but actually allows you to corner faster due to the extra grip.

Also, how hard were you pushing it that you experienced severe understeer? To me, severe is when you turn your steering wheel, but keep plowing straight ahead. I feel like you're probably just feeling a bit more body roll now that the tires are sticking to the ground significantly more than the primacys were.
I changed the tires about a month ago, so it's not the tires that make the difference. My use of the word "severe" is probably an overstatement. I really wasn't expecting to feel very much difference and when I could immediately notice the understeer, it was a surprise. Over the years, I've tracked a number of cars, so I am very sensitive to changes in handling. And I could feel the understeer at low speeds, i.e., slightly more effort to turn corners, etc. I don't push my cars anymore and purchased this one as a little fun car.

Sorry about the use of the word "severe", I guess I was just disappointed in the results. Also, I was expecting the rear to look more "flush", and to my eyes, the 20's actually poked a little. I dislike poke a lot more than not being flush. I know this isn't the experience for most of you who like 25's in back, but each of us to our own.....
rvoll is offline   Reply With Quote