View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 08:04 AM   #379
sbxjap

Drives: '95 Honda Civic HB/'13 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Subaru of Cherry Hill

I received the call yesterday. So after work I headed there see the car I ordered, SWP Limited manual trans.

Dealer told me to test drive it, so I did. Came back pretty satisfied. But when I came in to talk about price, it was a $5k mark up.

At the time of preorder, he told me there may be a mark up, but that it's set by SOA.... Of course I knew that was bullshit, so I emailed other dealers to see what they said. They all told me MSRP. So I emailed my dealer and told him that. He told me he was just warning me and that it was his dealerships policy to not be beaten in price and to price match. This was in March.

So yesterday I brought up other dealers locally were not marking up. He said that they all were. Well, since my info wasn't up to date, I didn't argue. I let him talk and try to sell me. Eh, no good. He even tried to sell me and Impreza and Legacy.

On ride home, I called 3 local dealers.... 2 said no mark up but wouldn't get trim I wanted until at least Sept. 1 dealer told me they would mark up $1000 depending on how popular the trim I wanted. BUT he said he could do MSRP on a "grey" one they had coming this week that someone back out of.

So the salesman at Subaru of Cherry Hill straight up lied to me. Nice. He can suck it....

I tried calling them on the road yesterday after my other calls, but he was busy with other customers. I talked to someone else and told them what I did. He asked if I was still interested.... Really now? He then asked what would it take me to buy the car.... Geniuses, I tell you. He said he would have my original salesman call me back. No call.

Update
So after ranking on here and on Facebook, I got a call this morning. The owner called me an apologize for the trouble. He said if he were there, this wouldn't have been an issue. The finance guy took off that day too, so that was messed up.

The owner called me in, knocked off the $5k markup, and gave me discount off stuff.

So got my SWP BRZ and took right back to work, lol....

Last edited by sbxjap; 06-26-2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: They called me back!
sbxjap is offline   Reply With Quote