View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 08:01 AM   #107
Rican_D

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
This is exactly what I thought was the issue. I think English may not be his first language and something is getting lost. Looking at the wiring diagram it looks like there are two USB connectors. One is labeled single and the other is dual. Single has 4 pins (Probably +/-/tx/rx) and the dual port has 6 pins (probably (+/-/tx1/rx1/tx2/rx2). If I had to guess the adapter for the OEM port plugs into the single port and the single port doesn't handle AA/CP. But then he said he unplugged the OEM port adapter and plugged another cable into it and AA worked so I'm confused as hell and think there is a communication barrier. Hahaha.

If the OEM adapter only plugs into the port labeled single and that port doesn't support AA/CP, I will just hack up my own adapter that runs between the dual port and the OEM jack.

https://www.teyes.com.au/pages/cc3-wiring-diagram

Hmm.. The Ali listing shows a harness which if you look closely has three female USB-A connectors and then two small white connectors. So it must come with a cable specific for the Twins to retain the OEM port and another cable just to give you a USB-A connector. If I under stand what he was saying in his last post he is saying the USB-A adapter works fine for AA but when using the OEM adapter into the same port if fails.
Those are two separate harnesses. In the case of our car the single USB is actually the adapter to plug into the factory port. Now I thought I had one that was single USB in the box to test it out, but I didn't. Now with the dash cam, the harness it comes with takes up the the port of that dual USB. So I ended up using a USB port.

Edit, ok so I tried it again and now it's working just fine. Don't know what the issue was before.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rican_D; 05-16-2021 at 10:45 AM.
Rican_D is offline   Reply With Quote