View Single Post
Old 09-28-2021, 02:54 PM   #41
Dylans47

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDan View Post
IIRC the aftermarket Brembo GT have radial bolts *in addition to the axial bolts*. I.e., *not* "superior", as the radial bolts are an additional bolted interface, you still have the "inferior" axially bolted joint.

In practice, this is not a big deal but should be pointed out...

Q: Sorry if I missed this, but what pads are you planning to run? I would be very surprised if you couldn't find pads that'll work with the standard brake setup.
Thanks for clearing that up. I'll have to look more into radial bolts and axial bolts. I know that with the Brembo GT kit, it looks like the bolt heads are facing towards the face of the caliper. Would be called axial bolts or radial bolts?

To answer your question, with my previous track setup I thought I would be good to go to run GLOC R10 pads all around, which are definitely a true track pad, not dual duty. But I still dealt with brake fade. So this time around, the GR86 being a heavier car with smaller rotors and pad surface area, I should go with GLOC R16 or something. Still need to do research there. Or I could consider the CSG C2 that Mike suggested, if their price is competitive and reviews are up to par.

Note: If you aren't familiar, GLOC is an offshoot from CarboTech. The owners, or something, of CarboTech split up, leading to GLOC. I've read a lot about GLOC actually improving CarboTech's formula, so I've been going with them.

Last edited by Dylans47; 09-28-2021 at 07:39 PM.
Dylans47 is offline   Reply With Quote