View Single Post
Old 06-28-2019, 02:33 PM   #197
DovahRS

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I was told to post my story here. But I had the exact same problem. This all began in February of this year.

After I got my car back, there were some rattling noises that I was worried about. I have friends that own a performance shop and they’ll do small things for free, so I had them look at it to see if it was anything serious. Turns out it was stupid careless mistakes. Bolts weren’t tightened down and they forgot to refill the AC coolant. No problems though.

4 days after getting my car back the engine goes. I tow it back to Toyota for them to see what went wrong. They said it was a spun bearing and that they contacted corporate who didn’t want to help out, so they told me it had nothing to do with the replacement and they weren’t at fault. I asked them to diagnose what lead to the spun bearing and they told me flat out that it would be a waste of time.

So I towed it to my performance friends, one of them was a former master level Toyota technician and told me that he’s positive they did something. They ripped apart my engine and surprise surprise found fresh rtv sealant clogging the line. The dealership told me it was all from work done before the recall, which makes no sense because the car ran fine for years and suddenly it’s oil deprived the moment they touch it.

I contacted corporate who told me they could do nothing about it and referred me to the dealerships customer relation department. Those people completely blew me off and ignored my attempts to reach them. This went on for 2 months of fighting them and I got nothing, not a penny out of them.

So defeated I decided to take the opportunity to completely rebuild the engine with forged pistons, new compression, upgraded basically everything. At least I can walk out of this with a better car than I entered, despite having to pay out of pocket.

My friends dad is a pretty big shot lawyer and said I probably have a small claims case on my hand, and he might help form the case for me if he has time.

It’s been such a nightmare, but I’m happy my new engine will run better than it ever did before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DovahRS is offline   Reply With Quote