Old 03-12-2016, 10:49 PM   #352
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2494 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaorocks1 View Post
I'm saying that rebranding a major market and seeing this spyshot could have a correlation to this redesign reflecting that of Toyotas form factor. To each his own I think I'm just rationalizing why they would take a decent looking car and make it look like....that.
LOLLOL Ok I will accept the rationalizing part! I just get frustrated by all the Oh it is a Toyta now so they will change things" statements. It was a Toyota before and looked the same as all the rest so the change would have been the same even if still Scion.
I can not wrap my head around how people (not directed at you there Jao but so many here) do not seem to get that Scion never designed or built a single car ever. It was just a marketing tool in the US (and Canada for a few short years). All Scion models except the tC were sold around the world badged as Toyotas so the simple change of badge here does not mean they are changing anything else on the car. Hell the iA was never a Scion and has always been a Yaris in Canada. Maybe it is the simple fact that North Americans seem to think the world starts and ends with us that has created this thought process.
My point is that the face lift has nothing to do with making it look more like a Toyota since it already did and the rebadge means nothing in the big picture as there are already tens of thousands of these cars that were always badged as such.