Old 09-21-2015, 06:29 PM   #127
extrashaky

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 5,618 Times in 2,266 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Hey Extra, how slow were you going to be able to see them hit you look at the gun and hit you again? And how on earth do you possibly know that they didn't believe you were going the limit?
Logic.

When I'm in my Jeep or a rental car and get hit with radar, it's one hit. Then they move on to the next target.

When I'm in the BRZ, several times it has been multiple hits. So either they're having a really hard time getting a lock on me, which wouldn't make any sense since the surfaces facing the radar are steel and aluminum; or they think the reading they got was wrong, and they try again. I can't really think of any other reason to hit me multiple times in this car and not in other cars. When you drive as much as I do with a radar detector, you start to pick up on these patterns.

And yes, one of those times I was close enough and going slow enough to see the fucking cop point a handheld gun at me through his windshield, look at it and point it at me again. I was going 25 in a 35 that time because the shitty Louisiana road I was on outside of Lafayette was full of potholes. He must not have been much of a speed "expert" if his judgment of my speed was that far off when I was going that slow.
extrashaky is offline   Reply With Quote