View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 12:39 AM   #384
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The exhaust gasket is not included--pretty sure. The intake gasket is definitely included, unless they lied to me when I asked them in an email. They said all of their intake manifolds come with an OEM gasket. They made that a confusing point by suggesting people use the stock metal gasket versus a plastic gasket

I have the K24 starter. Wish I had been told the K20 was needed and not that they were using the K24 one, but maybe they didn't expect clearance problems. I could grind down the bell housing and adapter, as I don't really care if the bellhousing gets modified, but a K20 aftermarket starter is fairly inexpensive too. Just annoying a little.

I have a K24 condenser from an Accord. If the harness doesn't match up then I think I can just make a harness by buying the connector instead of buying a whole new condenser. I think it is just a power in and out.

I have the USDM alternator.

I will need to buy the suggested coolant hoses. Gates 23383 upper radiator hose Dayco 71718 lower radiator hose.

I'm hoping the AC lines don't get in the way of my stock airbox.

I think I will be mounting the wideband sensor further up the exhaust on the downpipe and route it through the firewall grommet. I need to wire up the ECU for the Flex Fuel sensor and the EBC solenoid.

I am unfamiliar with Haltech, having done reflashes of e-tunes with ECUTEK. I am hoping I can get an e-tune to get the car moving to a dyno, so I can break it in and sort out any wiring issues or any leaks before putting it on a dyno. The alternative is towing it to a dyno session and rolling the dice having never started the engine and needing to burp the cooling system. The only other possibility is scaling the injectors myself and staying out of boost, if learning how to scale is easy or just a matter of programing in the basic parameters of the specific injectors; maybe there is a drop down menu--I don't know. I might not be able to stay out of boost on this turbo. Would be nice to at least vet the motor, even if I do have to tow it to a dyno session.

EDIT: And someone asked on Instagram.
Attached Images

Last edited by Irace86.2.0; 11-11-2021 at 09:33 AM.
Irace86.2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote