EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
When I did my TOB I didn't support the front on the way off and spent almost 2 hours trying to get it off the lower studs. It wasn't until I said fuck it and pushed the jack aside and man handled it (not a good idea) that it came off. Once it was finally off I realized how far forward the engine tips which explained my difficulty getting it off. I supported the engine before putting it back on and WOW what a difference. I jacked it up enough and get it on the lower studs and then a single gentle push of the jack and the thing went right on. I could kick myself in the ass for skipping the front engine support.

Anyways, I feel sorry for anyone who does that job without jacking the front of the engine.
Luckily I was able to do my work under a lift thanks to a favor by my friend. We had a transmission jack. Pulling it out was a little challenging, but we managed. Lost a bunch of gear oil in the process though.

We opted to remove the two lower studs before putting the transmission back in, which made the process much easier. We reinstalled the studs once we got the transmission mostly aligned with its guide pins and surround bolts

Obviously, if I had remembered to support the engine, we may have had an even easier time
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote