Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzleSAURUS View Post
A few things:

<snip>

My opinion is a lot of the components you're asking about aren't an upgrade. Consider the R&D budget of a value oriented performance parts company that focus on customer service as their key differentiation as opposed to a lifetime part. (It's a lifetime warranty, NOT a lifetime component.) versus the budget of Subaru, Toyota, or a high-end cooling company that's been doing it for decades with nearly no marketing.

Just my opinion and experience, regardless of what you choose to get I hope the components serves you well and is a great experience for you and your 86!

The red/yellow/green coloring should make sense, I've interjected with my experience and opinions.
Thanks a ton for the information. I appreciate it. What do you think about the Jackson Racing Dual Radiator and Oil Cooler kit? It seems to replace the OEM radiator and combine the oil cooler into the same space. Given your comments on Mishimoto, I'm looking at either this or possibly the HKS or Perrin oil cooler kits. After setting the coolant temperature gauge to absolute value I can see that my coolant temperature wasn't nearly as high as I thought, so I'm more concerned with the oil cooler vs the radiator.
Tristor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tristor For This Useful Post:
DaBoBo21 (03-28-2018), JeremyR (03-27-2018)