View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 11:59 AM   #37
morswestford

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcarson11 View Post
My honest feeling here OP: If you're going to tow it to a mechanic... why not just try to get it into a warm garage first? or something? You probably just need to get it fired up in a warm place, burn off some of the ethanol in the lines, and get to a more stable ethanol mixture so that things will start in the cold winter.

Or maybe there's a warm day coming up where you live, this week?

E88 is just a high percentage of ethanol... not that strange that it won't start in really cold weather. If you can get it started and driving for a bit you can burn it down to E55 or whatever mixture you end up with given the 93 you added.

I don't have a warm garage to take it to unless it's the mechanics shop.

There is no warm weather coming to Philly this week. The wind chill right now is like 10 degrees.

Anyways Omega Fuels, the station i got the e85 from suggested I use a siphon pump and siphon out a few gallons of gas. Then put in injector cleaner in the tank. And see if that helps or not. he also mentioned the problem may be the flex fuel sensor itself.

I'm going to try that today. Maybe the injectors are the issue. Who knows. if the injector cleaner doesn't do anything, then ill just tow it to a shop for further investigation.
morswestford is offline   Reply With Quote