View Single Post
Old 11-25-2020, 10:48 PM   #37
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I spun a bearing on my FRS and while trying to make a decision on what route to take and then going forward with a rebuild, I drove my dad’s manual Boxster. I drove it to and from work (21 miles each way) for 2 months. I had enough seat time to feel confident throwing it around with PSM disabled. It had a somewhat raw feel (only with PSM disabled) similar to my FRS. The steering communicated well like my FRS. DBW was crazy laggy which bugged the shit out of me. What I loved most about the Porsche was what I hate most about my FRS, the engine sound. What I hated most about the Porsche is what I love most about my FRS, the transmission. I enjoyed my time in the car but really missed my car and when I got it back on the road it confirmed without a doubt that my FRS is WAY more fun to drive. My dad’s Boxster was a 2.6 986 5MT and I’m sure a newer Cayman would be way better (especially the DBW) but I’m never surprised when I see another thread pop up on this forum where people say they’ve owned both and prefer their Twin. I’m seriously considering a Cayman in my future and a few of my AutoX friends are also. I suspect I will have opportunities to autox one before pulling the trigger on one for myself. Who knows, a real test drive may change my mind.

In a perfect world my FRS would make 250hp NA, rev to 8k and sound like a Porsche. If that criteria could be met then a Cayman wouldn’t even be a consideration for me. I suspect 250hp on the FA24 wouldn’t be that hard to accomplish but it will still sound like garbage.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ermax For This Useful Post:
JesseG (12-01-2020), Ohio Enthusiast (11-26-2020), Tcoat (11-26-2020)