View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 05:06 PM   #13
HaXx

Drives: jrsc_brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
I couldn't keep my XP10s bedded and they squealed like stuck pigs once the transfer layer wore off, I'd put AX6/Gloc R6 in a similar category of too loud for Street (louder than DS2500 I'm my experience). ymmv with enough hard use they stay bedded and quiet but my car is >90% street use and OP isn't doing any closed course driving. Great if tracking every other weekend or the car isn't a DD.

Carbotech 1521 and Gloc GS1 might be a good fit for that Street+ application.
i agree

i pad slap the front wheels with track pads for trackdays, but pad slap the oems back on after, for street again.

i have endless circuit compounds (jdm af) that are squeaky and dusty, but zero fade.

not that you are making this mistake OP, but a common misconception is that track pads bite harder, and stop quicker than oem. while they may slightly, the real purpose of track pads is their resistance to loosing stopping power when they get really hot from continuous lapping. oem pads literally perform than performance pads when you are on the street. squeaky brakes drove me crazy, and i have enkeis that i like to keep clean from dust.
HaXx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HaXx For This Useful Post:
aznchris (12-31-2019)