View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 01:29 AM   #23
Flashfire88

Drives: Limited Silver
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev0 View Post
So I know I shouldn't be doing this, but I'll be boosting my stock engine with the Sprintex 210 non-intercooled kit with E85 and 72.5mm pulley. I know engines being blown due to FI is a definite possibility, but how often does this really happen?

I know there are also a lot of variables to it, such as a tune (I'll be going to Mike from Moto East), the state that the engine is in right now (73k miles), correct installation of the kit, and etc, but is having an engine being blown out a common occurrence? Is it inevitable?

Can someone hit me with some facts, like percentages of cars with the engine blown, and etc to the best of their knowledge?

Hey bud,

For reference my BRZ had an avo turbo kit and I was doing 12.5psi towards the last year I owned it, I slapt it on the car as soon as it hit 2 months right after I bought it new so around 2,000ish miles. I would track it often and for the 4 years I had it I never ran into a problem. The ONLY issue I had was that my clutch starts slipping at 3.5K and would grab again at 4K so that had to get upgraded.

Also Florida heat so the car was in constant 90+F temps during summer and 75+ during winter season. I would say get a really good reputable tuner.

Edit:
Forgot to mention 93 Octane & Stock block
The Following User Says Thank You to Flashfire88 For This Useful Post:
kev0 (07-14-2019)