View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 11:09 AM   #7
S1Motorsports

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
there is about 3051 units affected in Canada , only model year 2013 . Everyone will get a preliminary letter. Counter measure is currently being developed which I can assume like in the instance of the IS models, LS models and GS models that a superseded valve spring will be developed

Subject: Important Information – Engine Valve Spring Replacement on Certain 2013MY Scion FR-S Vehicles
I would like to provide you with notice of an upcoming Safety Recall Campaign, so that you may prepare your staff to handle customer inquiries. Your dealership plays a valuable role in servicing our products and ensuring our customers remain confident in the quality and safety of their vehicles. We are thankful for your diligence in handling this campaign.
Toyota will be initiating a Safety Recall Campaign (Ref. R68) on certain 2013MY Scion FR-S vehicles.
Due to the excessive performance load compared to the design assumption of the valve spring, and manufacturing variation (variation of metal fatigue strength and micro foreign matter in spring material), performance load may exceed the valve spring’s fatigue strength and it may fracture. If the valve spring fractures, the engine may stall while driving and may become unable to restart it, increasing safety risk.
Toyota is currently preparing the remedy for this condition. Once the preparations are complete, Toyota will send an owner notification letter by first class mail to owners of vehicles covered by this Safety Recall.
There are approximately 3,051 Scion FR-S vehicles covered by this campaign.
S1Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote