EndlessAzure
Wheels for Brains

Drives: '14 FR-S [37J] | Daily/Track
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySTI View Post
Have you tried making a clutch pedal adjustment ?

By rotating the the master cylinder push rod so that it threads out of the clevis it will move more fluid to the slave cylinder and will actuate the clutch further. If the disc is dragging slightly it will not allow for easy shifting in 1st. This adjustment is easy and can be done if just a few minutes. The best tip I can give is to unbolt the throttle pedal to give you unobstructed access to the jam nut and rod.

Below is a video I made to explain how the pedal adjustment plays a role on the fork movement.

I gave it a shot to no avail.

I suspected that it wasn't the throw depth. Drag symptoms occured regardless of the throw depth. The clutch appears to have plenty of dead pedal throw length.

The transmission seems to be able to spin down if I have my foot to the floor. However, Drag reappears when I release to the friction point. The throw depth from floor to friction point is pretty long (as is usual for FRS/BRZ platform)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS Justin View Post
pilot bearing failure??

also if you don't want to adjust your clutch to test it just wedge a piece of wood or a small nut between the the clutch fork and rod to shim it out a bit then see if its helps. if it does adjust accordingly if not time for a teardown inspection.
Yeah, I gave the depth adjustment a shot. Didn't appear to help.

I'm thinking pilot or throw out bearing at this point. I don't think it's pressure plate or flywheel related since I'm not grinding at all. Everything seems fine at speed. Just when I'm stopped, I'm having obvious issues.

Planning on pulling within the next couple of months. To investigate.

Appreciate any further feedback

Last edited by EndlessAzure; 07-15-2018 at 04:58 AM.
EndlessAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EndlessAzure For This Useful Post:
FRS Justin (07-15-2018)