Old 07-11-2018, 03:30 PM   #17
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndlessAzure View Post
I already pulled the transmission once. I don't even want to think about pulling it again haha
I pulled my engine faster than the first time I dropped my transmission. Hahaha. But if I dropped the tranny again I think I could do it WAY faster. There is actually a YouTube video of a guy dropping one in 20mins and a large chunk of that time was him removing a cross threaded bolt on the exhaust. What I wasted the most time on was removing the center console in an attempt to remove that stupid boot on the linkage. In the end you just have to pull it off and nothing even needs to happen inside the car. The other hold up was I didn't support the engine so it was tilting forward and binding up the lower tranny bolts. I yanked on it for about an hour because it was binding so much. On the way back on I realized where I went wrong and threw a jack under the engine. I slid it back on in one push.

I just went through a rebuild and installed the engine last night and drove it for the first time today. I cleaned up and regreased the shaft and TOB while I had it accessible and the damn thing is squeaking today. So I may end up dropping my tranny in the near future. Yay.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote