Old 06-20-2019, 03:20 PM   #5
maslin
Benz Tech

Drives: 2017 BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8RZ View Post
Talk to the manager's boss or call corporate and complain. Take it to social media if you have to.

Unless you signed some form that said they weren't liable for any damages.
Aftermarket wheels and aftermarket powder coat... You know there's something on that sheet he signed waiving liability.

It's the inside of the wheel. Judging by the brake dust it isn't exactly kept spotless. What do you want them to do? Ask the wheel weights to take themselves off?

We have plastic wedges for removing weights, they can still get at the finish. There isn't a whole lot you can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX16 View Post
Quick update. Its a small shop right next to my work. I went back and talked to the owner, trying to be civil. Said I know some powdercoaters in the area and it would probably be around $160 to have it redone. He said there was no way he was paying 160 to fix a few scratches and I'd have to see him in court if I wanted him to cover it.

So I guess I'm going to leave a few bad reviews and then take him to court. Which, to be clear, I'm not happy about. But he literally told me to

Calm down a bit. It's powerdercoat on an aftermarket wheel that's daily driven. Move on, the car will be fine. Or buy some tire machines and do it yourself.
maslin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maslin For This Useful Post:
humfrz (06-20-2019), soundman98 (06-21-2019)