View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 01:05 PM   #39
zoomzoomers

Drives: 2013 Subaru SWP BRZ Limited 6AT
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I know this is on a tangent, but I just did my first oil & filter change this past week at 1950 miles. The factory oil looked quite dirty (was really black). Maybe it's because I do 95% bumper to bumper driving. For the refil I used Royal Purple 0w20 (please hold personal comments about this choice, I'm trying different oils and hopefully will find one that works for me through trial & error/advice/data/etc). I was quite surprised that the guys used all 6 qts of oil. I told the guys that other guys have reported that the car takes 5.3 qts in actuality rather than the stated 5.8 qts, but the car took all 6 qts so go figure.

In either case, the car has been running fairly smooth and good since. I have another 6 qts of the RP 0w20 left so I'll do another change with it probably around 7000 mile mark.

On another note, I purchaed 4 Subaru OEM filters at the dealership and received 4 bluish/purple filters (sorry don't have the #'s with me at work), but noticed that the OEM was a black one when I got to the shop. It fit and seems to be working, but did I get the correct filter? Or should I go raise hell at the dealership for selling me the wrong filters?
Man Law#17:A man in the company of a hot, seductively dressed, woman MUST remain sober enough to fight!

MODS: AVO tubes + filter, Cusco (F) strut brace w/ MC brace, Perrin CBE, Subaru OEM trunk tray, Grimmspeed front license re-locator & hood struts and Beatsonic rear cam.
zoomzoomers is offline   Reply With Quote