Old 10-18-2019, 12:11 PM   #7
JRitt

Drives: 2012 BRZ Premium WRB 6MT
Thanked 1,411 Times in 376 Posts
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Overall I'm happy with the Sprint kit. It does exactly what I had hoped, maybe more. If I had one nit to pick, it is that the rotors crack/heat cycle out in less time than I expected. I replace the rotors every two years, which is about 40 track days and 25,000 street miles. A friend and I are working on a ducting kit to eliminate this problem.

What has the overall ownership experience been like with our brake kit? Very good.
What type of pad and disc wear rates are you seeing vs. stock or other brake products you tried? Pad and disc longevity are greatly improved relative to OEM. I cannot quantify it, though, as I have not kept good records.
What has our kit helped you accomplish (race/time trial wins, etc...essentially a race report)? I won the TTD regional championship the last two seasons, and 86CUP this year. But honestly, those may have all happened on stock calipers and rotors with race pads. Maybe.
What suggested improvements do you have? Honestly, not much. I think the kit is great other than the heat cycling. But I expect that is a trade off with weight, and the complexity and expense of a duct kit. I think the Endurance kit would likely not have this problem. But I wanted light weight, and I got it.

Awesome feedback Pat! Thank you very much, and congrats on your success with our kit.

In terms of getting 2 years, 40 track days, and 25,000 street miles, I think most people who track their car would kill to get that much wear! I would love to know what type of wear you would have gotten out of the OEM bits with that much use and abuse. I'm pretty sure it would have been far, far less.

Per my comments above, if you really want the "install them and don't touch them forever" setup, the Endurance Kit is the ticket. Again though, it's all about tradeoffs. One can't have the absolute lightest setup and expect it to last as long as a heavy-duty setup. That's like installing race tires and expecting them to also do well in the snow, or installing racing coilovers and expecting them to offer a cushy ride while off-roading. Thanks again for the feedback!
JRitt is offline   Reply With Quote