View Single Post
Old 09-18-2019, 03:12 PM   #2
Pat

Drives: 2023 BRZ
Thanked 1,251 Times in 677 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Overall I'm happy with the Sprint kit. It does exactly what I had hoped, maybe more. If I had one nit to pick, it is that the rotors crack/heat cycle out in less time than I expected. I replace the rotors every two years, which is about 40 track days and 25,000 street miles. A friend and I are working on a ducting kit to eliminate this problem.

What has the overall ownership experience been like with our brake kit? Very good.
What type of pad and disc wear rates are you seeing vs. stock or other brake products you tried? Pad and disc longevity are greatly improved relative to OEM. I cannot quantify it, though, as I have not kept good records.
What has our kit helped you accomplish (race/time trial wins, etc...essentially a race report)? I won the TTD regional championship the last two seasons, and 86CUP this year. But honestly, those may have all happened on stock calipers and rotors with race pads. Maybe.
What suggested improvements do you have? Honestly, not much. I think the kit is great other than the heat cycling. But I expect that is a trade off with weight, and the complexity and expense of a duct kit. I think the Endurance kit would likely not have this problem. But I wanted light weight, and I got it.