Old 04-10-2021, 08:11 PM   #28
Plumbus
Seņor Member

Drives: '17 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn_Of_Creation View Post
Do you recommend both diff bushing sets 925 and 922? or just the 925 if the 922 makes the rear end too stiff?
The 925 and 922 do very different things. The 925 removes slack from the drivetrain, making power delivery more immediate/responsive. The 922 makes the rear feel more connected to the ground, helps with problems like wheel hop, but it also makes it substantially stiffer. It is impressive how much slack the stock rubber subframe bushings absorb, they were really well designed to make the car street friendly. I don't regret it, but I do wonder how much more stress I'm adding to the chassis by removing that slack, especially in the unforgiving city roads. Control of the rear is even easier now due to better feel and no wheel hop.

The 925 is much, much easier to install than the 922, and I would still install it again. 922 is much trickier because you want to make sure the subframe doesn't drop on your head or that you don't strip the subframe bolts. It took me awhile to get the guts to install it to be honest. I would probably still do it again, but think about what you want your car to feel like after everything is said and done.
Plumbus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Plumbus For This Useful Post:
Spawn_Of_Creation (04-11-2021)