Old 07-27-2021, 11:54 PM   #12
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,178 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S2GT86 View Post
Yeah, not gonna happen for me then since I'm using the rear O2 sensor input.

Are there any CARB compliant flex-fuel kits for the twins? I have personally never heard of one since you have to hijack one of the ECU emission sensor inputs in order to connect the ethanol content sensor to.

Which is why I was originally interested in further research on UNUSED pins within the ECU connectors that could possibly be mapped and programmed to ADD a new input, instead of hijacking an existing one. There ARE extra pins in there, but nobody seemed to be interested in that at the time when I was learning about it. I suppose that would be a research project for Ecutek if it was possible. I know there was a couple of people on here several years ago discussing open source flex fuel kits, and I believe most of the kits and tunes that are out now are based on that research.

I think a CARB compliant flex-fuel kit would be welcome by some individuals, but probably not enough to make a return on any investment in the testing procedures. But what do I know, I'm just a stereo guy.
Bingo. Would you pay double to triple to get a compliant kit with a compliant tune? The individual components have to be certified compliant, as well as variants needed for different model year and transmission combinations.

Not only that, you have to supply the ENTIRE vehicle for testing, which they might keep for 18 months. Potentially per variant.

Folks have no idea how arduous the process is.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
churchx (07-29-2021), FR-S2GT86 (07-28-2021), Jdmjunkie (07-28-2021), soundman98 (07-28-2021), Wally86 (07-28-2021)