View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 06:39 PM   #13
lordwalker

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
LOL Thanks for the advise. I ran them this low to try them out that way because......why not? Was waiting on my alignment tools to come in before raising them again. Ran them before at -1 front and rear they were much better. I was specifically answering your post because you were asking about running the FLZ that low I had to crank up the preload on them beyond recommended because it would tuck the front wheels up until they hit the fender liner under hard cornering. The increase in preload obviously wreaked the ride. I could have lived with them rubbing the liner on the occasional hard bump, but every hard corner was a no bueno. Take that for what it's worth. It could just be for internet brownie points
Yeah I've heard the Flex-Zs can be pretty bad unless you have them set up professionally or carefully follow their guidelines. I think most people run their daily setup 5-6 clicks from full hard dampening, but I haven't looked into them enough to know the proper preload.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynxis View Post
I have the HKS Hipermax GT IV on my car for the last 3 years. They are very comfortable on the street and I like them a lot.

HKS USA has always been helpful and responsive to any questions I've had but as of the last time I spoke to them (maybe 2 years ago now) they can't rebuild the coilovers themselves anymore due to changes in the organization. Mine haven't needed a rebuild yet but I asked and they directed me to take them to a local independent suspension shop or I could send them to HKS Japan for rebuild when the time comes.

Just some food for thought. If I didn't already have my HKS coils and was happy with them, I'd consider going with Fortune Auto 500s at this point instead for a comparable product, just because I know I won't have any issues with support when it comes time.
Thanks for the feedback, I looked into the Fortune Autos and they seem good too but my build is actually comprised of all JDM parts (where available). It's superficial I know I guess since I'm part Japanese I gotta do it... But yeah so far I've only heard good things about the HKS coils so I'm probably going to run with them since TEIN seems to either have people loving or hating them.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Lynxis (05-03-2019)