View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 06:34 PM   #213
Tor

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
2 updates:

1) I got these:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Last6wGhnbE&t"]Pedders SportsRyder Supercar for GT86/BRZ - YouTube[/ame]

They are Pedders SportRyder Supercar.

With the help of a friend I got them aligned the old-fashioned way. By incredible luck (and careful noticing when uninstalling the old coilovers) I managed to install them almost perfectly aligned. In total, we adjusted 3 mm toe and 1/2 a deg camber.

My new alignment is:
Front: 3 deg camber and 1 mm (0.4 inches) toe-out
Rear: 2 deg and 1 mm toe-in

First impression from driving them:

They are awesome!

They are very firm but don't "crash" like the ST XTA did when driving on a bumpy road. While hitting a small pothole with the XTA felt like there was no damping at all, these actually feel like they absorb the bump. I won't go as far as to call them comfortable (they are still fairly high spring rate with 7 kg/mm front/rear), but it's a more confidence inspiring feeling and doesn't feel as upsetting.

The handling is miles better than the ST XTA. With their front biased spring rates, they caused a lot of understeer which needed to be corrected with rear anti-swaybar and driving style. On the street, the car didn't feel as playful as with the stock suspension.

With the Pedders, the playfulness has to a certain extent returned and I can feel the back of the car moving more again. And it feels as well more confidence inspiring to bash the throttle a bit more than necessary, while cornering, for the fun of it. Looking forward to trying them out on track.

2)
I switched to Ecutek tuning software about 2 months ago and have been playing a lot around with it - 33 flashes so far. Most of it not related to the actual "tuning" of the engine, as I'm still running basically the same tune that I did with RomRaider.

But simply put, it's another level (more like programming) and really more about customization. Due to more control, I might make marginally more power, but my previous opinion about Ecutek vs. open source stands. I.e. open source is fully sufficient for street tuning or slightly compromised track tune.

At the moment I am messing with setting up ignition timing/drive by wire-based traction control. Of course, controllable via Bluetooth so the aggressiveness can be adjusted via the Ecutek app.

Last edited by Tor; 05-14-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tor For This Useful Post:
Teseo (03-27-2018), Twinguin (04-02-2018), Vin (03-28-2018)