Old 12-07-2020, 08:29 PM   #1119
Quentin

Drives: ‘16 4Runner, ‘19 Corolla HB
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
All-New 2022 Subaru BRZ Makes Global Debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest72 View Post
You can like whatever generation car you want, but trading in your old twin for a new twin will never make sense financially. I already lost on the depreciation, why trade it, lose more money and then pay more for a car that’s a little bit better. Of course I would reserve a final decision after driving one, but honestly to pay more than 10-15k and the taxes again, is not worth it to me. That’s a down payment for a used Cayman S.

That said, if you like it, get it, it’s your money. But it does not mean it’s a smart decision. Over on Nasioc, there a dudes who have bought 3 different WRXs over the years while I still have my 04. Not all were new, but man all in they are easily over 60k and basically have a similar experience as I do, except I have had no payments for 12 years. But in the end it’s not my money.

When the ‘02 Impreza came out, almost all of the ‘98-‘01 owners on Nasioc (i-club at the time) hated the looks. Most people decided the turbo engine was worth it and moved on. Same with the ‘02-‘03 when the ‘04-‘05 came out. Repeat for ‘06, ‘08, and ‘15. I personally liked all of them except the non-STI ‘08. But the GC was the best looking one because I had an ‘01 2.5RS. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Quentin; 12-07-2020 at 08:39 PM.
Quentin is offline   Reply With Quote