Old 12-07-2020, 06:33 PM   #1117
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest72 View Post
You can like whatever generation car you want, but trading in your old twin for a new twin will never make sense financially. I already lost on the depreciation, why trade it, lose more money and then pay more for a car that’s a little bit better. Of course I would reserve a final decision after driving one, but honestly to pay more than 10-15k and the taxes again, is not worth it to me. That’s a down payment for a used Cayman S.

That said, if you like it, get it, it’s your money. But it does not mean it’s a smart decision. Over on Nasioc, there a dudes who have bought 3 different WRXs over the years while I still have my 04. Not all were new, but man all in they are easily over 60k and basically have a similar experience as I do, except I have had no payments for 12 years. But in the end it’s not my money.
My impression is that most people don’t care about the financial loss unless they truly took the worst finance/lease deal of all time on one of these.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (12-07-2020), HKz (12-08-2020), Lantanafrs2 (12-07-2020), Vides990 (12-07-2020)