View Single Post
Old 02-17-2021, 06:29 PM   #8
FreddieTheFrog

Drives: 2013 TOYOTA FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuki View Post
Hey Im relocating to BC from Ontario this spring and was wondering if you could just share some information on what would fail the inspection? Basically my mods will be a header/over pipe and my turn signals relocated from the bumper to be integrated into the headlights (aftermarket headlights).
Although I can't help you with parts, my buddy recently moved out there with his frs and the shop was very lenient with his window tint, just stating that the shop took it off and what he did after that is on him (they didn't actually take it off). So many a possibility would be getting another inspection from a different shop in hopes they would record the paper as taking it off and what you do after that is none of their concern?

Tl:dr; will aftermarket headers and headlights (turn signal relocated) pass inspection to your knowledge?
Hi Fuki, I think these two mods won't cause a problem at most inspection places. I think your buddy's shop is pretty lenient on the inspection, so definitely check them out.
My Canadian Tire shop is a bit strict, they even put [TINTED FRONT WINDOWS (BOTH SIDE)] on my failed inspection form after I told them I will remove it right away. They also failed my catback system and smoked tail lights. They want as more jobs done as possible at their place. If failed, you have 30 days to re-inspect for another small fee. But it has to be the same technician.
So before actually going for inspection, find a shop that's pretty lenient. Find a shop who can discuss options with you before put it into BC report. Definitely avoid Canadian Tires, I think they are more strict on policies. Good luck!
FreddieTheFrog is offline   Reply With Quote