Old 10-09-2017, 08:17 PM   #11
drz400dude

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatonehoonigan View Post
You'll be perfectly okay with the vents and rain, just be prepared for the engine bay to get dirty real quick lol. But if you are still worried Verus (formerly Velox) makes a Hood Vent Kit that has an optional rain guard and has data to back up the cooling capabilities, and is more cost effective than a CF Hood.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I've seen the Volex kit and was trying to decide between that and a CF hood. My engine bay gets disgusting in the winter anyways because when it does rain it gets fine sand in the puddles and gets splashed into the engine bay.

I have the works kit, so All of my exhaust and turbo components would most likely sit aft or off to the side of any vents, so rain wouldn't directly fall onto the very hot components and cause any issues with thermal stress.

The only thing I was worried about with the verus kit was if the rain guards would fit since my intercooler sits RIGHT below the hood. I guess it would help to have cold rain on the intercooler. Plus this kit seems easier than fitting a new hood, swapping the hardware, installing hood pins.

Thanks for the input everyone.
drz400dude is offline   Reply With Quote