Old 07-31-2020, 10:20 PM   #101
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goingnowherefast View Post
I guess the real question is how comfortable are people with going outside the OE's durability boundaries?. There's examples of tracked S2000's that have been tuned with raised redlines for over 200K miles so depending on the person, that could be considered more than acceptable.
They must not be going very fast or exploring that elevated redline zone regularly.

Quote:
Very roughly, sure. When you look at the data, there's very few examples of an E85 NA BRZ trapping over 100 mph with full weight. While, on the other hand, there's tons of examples (even 100% bone stock cars) trapping over 100 mph with on average much lower ET's. So I mean, the proof is in the pudding.
Lets throw some 205/225's on 16's on the brz, and do a similarly abusive launch, and see what happens

Alternatively, throw some 17's with a modern compound on the s2000, and watch the times skyrocket.

S2000 launching falls into a unique territory requiring some wheelspin that actually results in faster acceleration than hooking up and bogging, with no clutch slip involved.

Of course, if/when the factory diff fails from this type of drag racing, the S2000 will have effectively zero acceleration

Quote:
Uh, I mean technically the feeling of "pull" is simply your body reacting to the force of acceleration. The "squat" and long wheelbase has little to nothing to do with the acceleration G's that you feel. None of this is to say that the "perception" of G's isn't affected by what you mentioned, as well as other stimuli.
It very much does so. It's precisely how amusement park rides as well as multi axis driving simulars simulate acceleration, braking, turning, and drops!
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote