View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #44
CheesusCrust

Drives: Subaru BRZ Silver 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by industrial View Post
Forget about the suspension differences. It's not like the BRZ is an understeering car. The FRS tends to oversteer more than the BRZ. Either car will feel far more identical than different when compared to other cars. How often are you going to drive the FRS and BRZ back to back to be able to even tell the difference between the two anyway? Both will be a joy to drive.

You have to decide if you want to pay extra for the little things. The BRZ is just like another trim level. I'd say it's a no brainer if you have the money, but it seems like you're tight so maybe the FRS would be a better option for you.
Thanks for the info!
I like the look of the FRS a bit more, but that doesn't matter. Mainly I want to drift all over the place. Once I turn traction control off, will it be similar to the FRS in drifting feel? The reason I am getting this car is so I can learn rear wheel drive dynamics. I feel like the BRZ is worth the 600 more its going to cost me, but the FRS would be more fun? What do you think? Also the Subaru guy says its a 5-6 month wait, compared to 2-3 for the FRS.
CheesusCrust is offline   Reply With Quote