View Single Post
Old 11-19-2020, 12:27 AM   #403
JesseG

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroRacer View Post
Very possible. Good point. Again I’m going to be patient and wait to drive.

I was initially super excited and for sure was going to buy, but I want to feel the car instead of looking at specs.

My friend Christina has a 2018 brz with PP and I love driving that car.
Their are two Hakone editions locally and one brand new 2020 magnetite Gray PP brz locally which part of me wants to jump on, but until I drive the new car I won’t know for sure.

Anyone who has a current gen should remain happy, hopefully many parts will be compatible with the current car.

Not super happy, but not disappointed either. It is what it is

I completely get where you are coming from. Something like a Hakone edition 86 or BRZ with the Performance Pack are very tempting. A BRZ tS would be the top of my list for a current gen car.
BUT, I think waiting for the 2nd gen is the smartest move. There are some significant improvements. It’s riding on a modified new Subaru global platform, it’s much more rigid, the engine has more torque, and the interior is nicer. You can address a few of those things through the aftermarket on a 1st gen, but not all of it.
I freaking love my car, it’s a blast. So I’m expecting the 2nd gen to take everything I love about my car and ramp it up a little. Not earth shattering, but improvements through the entire car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JesseG For This Useful Post:
alone1i (11-19-2020), Ash_89 (11-19-2020), HachiRokuX (11-19-2020), Hades (11-19-2020), RetroRacer (11-19-2020)