View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 10:24 PM   #399
RetroRacer

Drives: 2007 WRX STI, 1991 Acura NSX
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Waited most the day to reply fully. But here is my worthless .02

First off, I’m very happy this car was made at all, the fact they still build these types of cars for us should be commended, especially with a manual transmission.

As you may know from my previous posts, I sold my Camaro SS to get either a current gen or the new gen if I waited.

What I like:
1) Still under 2900 lbs.
2) Chassis improvements
3) New motor, with a lesser torque dip
4) Improved track mode

What I dislike:
1) the front bumper (headlights look fine, not a fan of the front bumper personally.
2) The side skirts/rocker panels. I feel a cleaner aftermarket design would fit the cleaner lines of the rest of the vehicle.

In short, overall it’s a “good enough” design, but if I had a 2017-20 86/BRZ I’d be happy with what I have and wait.
Stock for stock I feel the 1st Gen is a far cleaner design. No question.

With that said this is by no means a “bad” looking car, but would take more work to look “clean” to me than the current models.

This will be my 3rd car, so I’m going to wait to see the Toyota version, and DRIVE them both before I decide.

Chassis improvements etc sound great on paper, but until I actually drive the car I’m not sold as I expected to be.

I’m going to wait it out for another year until I can experience the car first hand.

Again, very happy with what I see on paper, but to me the styling on the first gen is a far cleaner design stock.

Opinions are a good thing, can’t please everyone but can’t get mad at people for stating their honest opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to RetroRacer For This Useful Post:
theneptune86 (01-25-2021)