View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 03:31 PM   #166
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,577 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A Cayman GT4 would be the obvious choice for me except the clutch on that car is really stiff. My knees wouldn't be very happy if I ever got caught up in traffic (thanks Uncle Sam lol) I guess the double edged sword of the long gear ratios also comes into play here. Nice that I wouldn't have to shift so much in every day commutes, but then that kind of sucks because the gearbox itself is quite good, and a joy to go through the gears.

Aside from that, I honestly don't know of any other cars in the 60-90k price range I'd really want to own. Shelby GT350R or C7 Grand Sport are cool, but not really my style when it comes to cars. 4C is neat, but I'm skeptical of the reliability factor. Same applies with the Giulia.

At this point, I'd probably just get an ND and spend the extra on modifying it and getting a bunch of track time in. $28k for the car. Add $15k for parts and extra wheels/tires. Then take the last 40k and spend it on a bunch of track days, travel expenses, nice hotels, good food, etc.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote